You might not be sending out a ton of greeting cards during October like you would for other months of the year. But if you're looking for the perfect Halloween message to post on Instagram or a creepy greeting to say to all of the trick or treaters who stop by your house, we've got you covered.
When it comes to picking out the best Halloween wishes and sayings, you first must decide what vibe you're going for. Do you want a scary quote that will keep your friends up all night? Or do you need something a little more PG and cute for the kids in the neighborhood? Once you decide that, you can pick from a ton of Halloween jokes and classic quotes that will do the trick.
Now, if you are celebrating a friend who is having a Halloween-themed birthday party, you'll want to see what frightfully good wishes we have up our sleeves for those who are special enough to be born on All Hallows' Eve.
And even if Halloween isn't your thing, it's always nice to wish your friends and family a very spooktacular day!
Halloween Wishes and Sayings
- Today’s the day to eat candies and sweets to your heart’s content! Happy Halloween!
- Eat, drink and be scary.
- I hope you get lots of trick-or-treaters this year. Unless, of course, you’d prefer to keep all the candy for yourself.
- Witch-ing you a spook-tacular Halloween!
- You are the scariest werewolf I have ever seen in my entire life. Happy Howl-oween!
- Hope you have as much fun today as the ghost who has been haunting your house.
- When Halloween is here the monsters appear and the candies disappear.
- This letter is sealed with a vampire kiss and bite.
- The dead rise again, bats fly, terror strikes and screams echo, for tonight it’s Halloween.
- If the werewolves are breaking out the extra body conditioner, it must be Halloween.
- Have a killer Halloween!
- When the dark night appears and everything turns into evil, just remember it’s Halloween, just chill!
- A candy a day keeps the monsters away.
- I witch you a happy Halloween, I hope it doesn’t suck like a vampire.
- I wave my wand and put on my cape and wish you lots of treats and success coming your way. Happy Halloween!
- Wishing you an eerie, spooky, hair-raising, spell-binding Halloween!
- This October, may your treats be many and your tricks be few. Hope you have a sweet Halloween.
Scary Halloween Messages
- Michael Myers with his creepy eyes; Jason, Freddy, Pennywise. As you look out your window, they all draw near. Don’t be afraid – Halloween is here!
- When black cats prowl and pumpkins shine, when shivery shivers run down your spine, when ghosts and goblins ring the chime, beware and be scared – it’s Halloween time!
- Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore, scary witches at your door, jack-o-lanterns smiling bright, wishing you a haunting night.
- The witching hour has begun.
- "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." –William Shakespeare
- "Abandon hope all ye who enter here." – Dante Alighieri
- "Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." – Stephen King
- "Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see." – Edgar Allan Poe
Halloween Wishes for Kids
- May your candy supply last you well into the Christmas season.
- Pumpkins, candies, spider webs and scary costumes. Halloween is finally here! Now go out there and scare them away. Happy Halloween!
- Wishing you a Halloween full of treats! Remember though that if you eat them all at once you may turn into a green looking monster.
- So much candy, so little time.
- Tonight, I am wishing you an unforgettable Halloween adventure filled with creepy memories and deadly encounters. Happy Halloween!
- Wishing you the best Halloween sugar high.
- I love you just boo-cause.
Halloween Birthday Wishes
- Another year older … forget the trolls and let’s celebrate the best and scariest birthday ever.
- Here’s a wish to a special someone who shares a birthday with the ghost, witches and the vampires. You are still way cooler and hipper. Happy birthday!
- I hope your Halloween birthday screams with excitement!
- Happy birthday! Hope your day doesn't "suck" like a vampire.
- Happy birthday! May all your WITCHES come true on this special day!
- "Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it's about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves." – Elvis Duran
- "It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare." – Brackett, “Halloween”
- "Men say that in this midnight hour, the disembodied have power." – William Motherwell
- "Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now." – Richelle E. Goodrich
- "There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight." — Unknown
- "Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, "trick or treat!'" – Rusty Fischer
- "I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner." —Evan Peters